Solvay reports to 5 extra-financial rating agencies which together present a representative range of societal expectations and serve as a reference.
The key objectives of the dialogue with extra-financial rating agencies and institutional investors are:
- To get their feedback on the extra-financial performance of Solvay and to clarify where further progress can be made in the sustainability strategy.
- To reinforce on the basis of the reputation and the extra-financial profiles of Solvay.
For 2012, Solvay' social responsibility ratings improved.
- Carbon Disclosure Project (energy & climate performance):
Solvay achieves a score within the top 10% of the total Benelux 150 population in the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) with a disclosure score of 81 (as compared to 76 in 2011) and a Performance score of B (B already in 2011).
- Eiris (the reference for the FTSE4Good sustainable investment funds)
Solvay continues to be a member Company of the FTSE4Good Index.
- SAM - Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)
Solvay improved its global score (80): a big accomplishment of the first Solvay and Rhodia consolidation exercise. The level enabling integration into the Index has not yet been reached but encouraging for next year.
Since 2009, Rhodia has been listed in the DJSI Index and has been part of the 10% best CSR performing companies in the chemical sector.
The classification obtained by Solvay (C +) shows that Solvay is in the superior average and demonstrates that there are still areas for improvement.
- Vigeo - Ethibel / ASPI
No rating was realized in 2012.
Since 2008, Rhodia has been listed in the Ethibel and the ASPI Indexes and was recognized in 2011 by Vigeo as one of the best chemical companies for its CSR performance.