Tecnoflon® NM is a fluoroelastomer copolymer used as an additive in order to offer unique benefits to polymer resins, such as the elimination of melt fracture and the reduction of die buildup.
Tecnoflon® NM FKM is a fluoroelastomer copolymer based on hexafluoropropene (HFP) and vinylidene fluoride (VDF). Tecnoflon® NM FKM has been developed particularly to improve extrusion, blow molding, and rotomolding of low density polyethylene, high density polyethylene, and linear low density polyethylene as a processing aid. It is available in a free flowing powder form, is easy to handle and to dose accurately in masterbatch and/or polymer resins.
Due to its incompatibility with the majority of polymers and their fast movement in the molten flow during extrusion, Tecnoflon® NM FKM build a thin coated layer on the metal surface of the die leading to a direct improvement of the processability of the extruded polymers (stabilization of flow instabilities).
- Elimination of melt fracture (shark-skin effect)
- Reduction of die build-up
- Improvement of the surface finish with high gloss levels
- Faster production start-up
- Pressure reduction
- Higher output at constant die pressure and temperature
- Lower energy consumption
Normally a final concentration of only 100 to 1000 ppm Tecnoflon® NM FKM is sufficient to achieve the mentioned benefits.
Elimination of Melt Fracture
- Pressure curve virgin polymer.
- Pressure reduction additivated polymer by lubricant.
- Maximum output virgin polymer with no melt fracture.
- Significantly increased output with no melt fracture by additivation of the basic polymer(200ppm processing aid).
Tecnoflon® NM FKM has been developed particularly to improve extrusion, blow molding, and rotomolding of low density polyethylene, high density polyethylene, and linear low density polyethylene as a processing aid.
It's usage is ideal for the production of blown and cast film mainly used for:
- Industrial packaging film
- Agricultural film
- (Co-extruded) food packaging film
- BOPP film
|Main Properties||Tecnoflon® NM Powder|
|Fluorine content||66 wt %|
|Glass transition temperature
|Specific gravity||1.81 g/cm3|
|Particle size||500 micron/35 mesh|
|Color||white or off-white|
|Anti-sticking agent||Calcium stearate (1 wt %)|