Different polymerization processes are used to produce Algoflon® PTFE resins:
- emulsion polymerization
- suspension polymerization
Algoflon® PTFE grades can also be classified in:
- Modified PTFE
Homopolymers are obtained from the polymerization only of TFE monomer while modified PTFE resins contain a limited amount of a comonomer.
According processing techniques, Algoflon® PTFE resins can be sub-divided in different family:
- Granular Powders (fine cut, free flow and pre-sintered)
- Fine Coagulated Powders
- Aqueous Dispersions
- Micronized Powders (with Solvay registered trademarks:
- Polymist® – obtained through suspension polymerization
- Algoflon® L – obtained through emulsion polymerization
- Resins with the same composition and polymerized according to the same process can still differ in properties which determine a different behavior in the final application (e.g., molecular weight, morphology, particle size, etc.).
Please ask our Specialty Polymers Experts for guidance to choose the most suitable Algoflon® PTFE grade for your application.