Highly efficient sulfonate surfactants for paint and coatings
Emulsifiers, stabilizers and wetting and dispersing agents for architectural coatings
The Solvay Rhodacal® Range of sulfonate surfactants for paints and coatings are designed for an extensive range of coatings applications, particularly architectural coatings. Rhodacal® anionic surfactants have the ability to function as emulsifiers, stabilizers and wetting and dispersing agents in waterborne polymer and coatings systems. All of these advanced surfactants are well suited for architectural coatings.
Unlock greater performance to paints and coatings
The Rhodacal® Range of surfactants include branched and linear types of dodecylbenzene sulfonates, alpha olefin sulfonates and diphenyl oxide sulfonates, which are predominantly used as a primary emulsifier for emulsion polymerization applications. Rhodacal® sulfonates can be used alone or in combination with other surfactants and provide small particle-size emulsions.
Rhodacal® alkyl naphthalene sulfonates are utilized for pigment wetting and dispersing for organic and inorganic pigments.
Rhodacal® Range benefits
Rhodacal® Range delivers multiple benefits:
- Primary emulsifier for a wide range of binder systems
- Excellent particle-size control
- Provides excellent emulsion stabilization
- Great for pigment wetting and dispersion
- Ideal for universal pigment dispersions
Discover our products
Emulsifiers widely used in the polymerization of styrene/butadiene, acrylic and styrene acrylic polymers generate fine particle-size latex:
- Rhodacal® DS-4: Sodium Dodecyl (branched) Benzene Sulfonate. Widely used emulsifier - either by itself or with other emulsifiers. Low Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) emulsifier that gives excellent particle-size control.
- Rhodacal® DS-10: High purity and flake form of Sodium (branched) Dodecyl Benzene Sulfonate. Widely used as an emulsifier for small-particle size latex. Suitable for acrylics, styrene acrylics and styrene butadiene binders. It is also suitable for the moisture sensitive system.
- Rhodacal® LDS-25/AP
Effective primary emulsifier for styrene-butadiene (SBR), all acrylic and styrene acrylic latex systems:
- Rhodacal® DSB: Disodium Alkyl Diphenyloxide Sulfonate (DPOS). Widely used emulsifier - either by itself or with other emulsifiers. Low CMC emulsifier that gives excellent particle-size control.
IPA salt of highly concentrated branched dodecylbenzenesulfonic acid (DDBSA) used as a dispersing agent and emulsifier: