Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Support the business activities of the clients, including negotiating and drafting of sales, purchasing, distribution, software licensing, SaaS and tolling agreements, and providing contract analysis with respect to existing contractual commitments
- Analyze and advise on a broad range of legal and business liability and risk exposures with respect to clients’ business strategies, commercial arrangements, manufacturing operations and marketing plans, including the ability to “issue spot” antitrust, export control, intellectual property and compliance issues. As these issues are identified, collaborate with internal experts to address them
- Provide advice and counsel with respect to supplier and commercial disputes and potential business settlements of the same in collaboration with in-house litigation counsel
- Where authorized, engage and manage outside counsel, including task definition, staffing expectations and fee arrangements
- Manage approval workflow for contracts and projects in accordance with Company authorization levels
- Conduct training of business personnel in North America as requested (antitrust, anti-bribery, contact with competitors, code of conduct, ethics, etc.)
- Support initiatives undertaken by the Group’s General Counsel Function
- JD degree from an accredited U.S. law school
- Admission to the New Jersey Bar or eligible to obtain a New Jersey limited in-house counsel license
- Minimum 4 years of experience in corporate/business law at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong contract drafting skills, including the ability to draft original language and to develop and modify templates to meet commercial objectives
- SaaS procurement experience an advantage
- Commercial Real Estate experience an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels within a client’s business organization
- Ability to provide legal support as a part of a team with substantive experts
- Comfortable working in a multi-national, multi-cultural professional environment
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.