Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- • Executes compounding programs in support of the R&D product/process development groups.
- • Operates compounding extruders and all auxiliary process equipment as required.
- • Observes compounding extrusion process and makes minor adjustments as needed.
- • Provides clear and accurate process documentation and submits samples for testing.
- • Coordinates timely shipment of products and follows up to ensure delivery.
- • Ensures all compounding equipment is cleaned and maintained per SOPS.
- • Maintains a safe work environment for self and others.
- • Participates in all safety audits and attends required safety meetings & training.
- • Takes direction from and works closely with front line supervisor.
- • Proactively communicates with their Supervisor to ensure optimal work environment.
- • Performs other customary tasks and duties as required.
- • Overtime (over 40 hrs. / work week) and/or alternate shift work may be required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years related experience in plastics processing & maintenance, or 2+ years related experience with post-secondary Degee/Certificate in related field
- Mechanical aptitude and experience
- Forklift operator experience
- Functional knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Associate's Degree or Technical Certificate/Diploma in related field
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of extrusion equipment
- Must be able to regularly lift and move product weighing 55 lbs
- Must be medically cleared to wear a respirator
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.