Environment Rehabilitation Leader
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Industrial Function is a transversal function of the Solvay Group. Our mission is to support the Global Business Units (GBUs) in their industrial activities on their sites "from the cradle to the grave". Environmental Rehabilitation (ER) is part of Sustainable Environment & Climate, one of the departments of Solvay’s Industrial Function.
WE COUNT ON YOU FOR
- Support directly the manager of the German organizations named Cavity and Horizon.
- Manage the ER projects for Cavity, Horizon and a number of assigned sites, directly for closed sites and by supporting the Site HSE manager for sites in operation;
- Ensure the Group complies with all legal obligations within this domain,
- Develop strategies, provisions and record files for these sites;
- Participate, for your domain, in M&A projects;
- Manage relations with the local finance teams and the services from our external consultants and contractors in order to perform investigations, design solutions and deliver the best possible remediation plans against the most optimal costs and in full compliance.
YOU CAN COUNT ON US FOR
You will report directly to Bernard Gautier, Director for Environmental Rehabilitation in Europe and be part of a global European organization. Your expertise will be shared regularly with your colleagues in other countries (France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Poland, Bulgaria and the Netherlands).
A permanent update of the skills and the acquisition of the latest available remediation technologies will be needed. This will be acquired through global sharing with your peers, internally but also externally (consultants, expert networks, conferences, etc.).
YOU WILL BRING
- Graduated engineer in the mining industry OR in geology/hydrogeology
- Minimum 10 years experience in polluted soil, mining, water, or air remediation.
- Fluent in German and English (French is a plus)
- Expertise in some of the following domains: Mining industry, HSE management, Environment, Geology, hydrology, soil chemistry, management of closed sites, depollution, and project management;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Understanding of financial for industrial and of contract management for industrial;
- High level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a remote mode with the other experts and with the resources of other Industrial Function departments (Engineering Team, HSE…) and other Functions (R&I, Purchasing, Finances, Legal…);
- Active listening and Challenging spirit;
- Ability to build trust with the active sites and GBUs organizations;
YOU WILL GET
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Training Platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Solvay Shares Plan
- Free Well-Being sessions (physical and psychological)
- Additional local benefits
Location(s): Primary location is Rheinberg, Germany, but remote work is possible.
Availability to travel
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.