Global Commercial Excellence Leader
Job Overview and Responsibilities
***THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORKING***
Experience the cutting edge of Commercial / Marketing / Sales strategy in action within the Customer Engagement Model (CEM) team, and apply it across Solvay! The ambition of the CEM Program is to drive more value from our external customers, in line with each GBU mandate; to become best-in-class in how we serve our clients and having a Solvay One approach towards our customer, leveraging the full Solvay portfolio.
This will be achieved by fostering behavior shifts towards “Customer Obsession”, creating a culture of performance management for customers (e.g. common vocabulary to measure performance, creating transparency on customers’ cost-to-serve), optimizing resource allocation of frontline employees (incl. long tail management), enhancing account management, leveraging best practices whilst allowing for GBU specificities (“unity, not uniformity”) and further developing our commercial & business talent. With a cross-functional approach, the CEM program addresses profitable volume growth, market share gain, share-of-wallet expansion and winning new customers.
To reinforce the CEM department we are looking for a Senior Project leader that will need to drive sustainable transformation and deliver important and tangible impact by integrating 3 dimensions (technical system, performance management, mindset & behavior).
Reporting to the Head of Customer Engagement she/he will be responsible for:
- Delivery of projects such as Pricing excellence, customer segmentation, service levels implementation, go-to-market channel optimization, voice-of-customer, and many more.
- To design a solution/strategy to address challenges and projects (examples above)
- Overall engagement/change management and communication plan
- Network animation (i.e. to orchestrate/ synchronize various activities)
- Training and Development of people in the project via structured coaching and capability building
- Development of methodologies and playbooks
- To drive sustainable transformation and deliver important and tangible impact for high complex topics and organization with superior measurable impact by integrating 3 dimension (technical system, performance management, mindset & behavior)
- To design a solution/strategy to address the identified challenge
- To embark teams in transformation journey, through change management and communication plans
- Developing true leaders via structured coaching and capability building
- To generate commitment, empowerment and accountability in their team and in the GBU
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Applied Economics
- 5+ years of experience in the commercial, marketing, strategy / business development domain, or in project management at a global industrial corporation OR top-tier consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, BCG, or similar)
- Industry experience in chemicals / materials is preferred, but open to other industrial markets
- Experience executing complex global projects with proven impact on profitability / cash / customer growth
- Experience working across functions, and presenting to senior executives to persuade actions, achieve outcomes.
- Knowledge of specific processes (ex: pricing, business rules / service levels execution, direct sales vs distributor channel implementation) related to sales and/or marketing is a plus
- Business acumen
- Network & partnership building
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Facilitation of workshops in a remote setting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including problem structuring and synthesis, able to develop a global vision
- Impact & Influence
- Project management skills with strategic issues
- Experience in a commercial environment (sales or operational marketing), thorough knowledge and understanding of marketing & sales management techniques and tools
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel (advanced data analysis) and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural and international environment
Global Commercial Excellence Leader
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.