Instrument & Electrical Mechanic - 2nd Class
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-311-3555 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
1. Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, P&ID’s, loop sheets, vendor instructions and work specifications.
2. Install and maintain low and medium voltage electrical distribution and control equipment up to and including 13,800 volts.
3. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair solid state and electro-mechanical controls and pneumatic control instrumentation and valving.
4. Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC), Distributive Control Systems (DCS), digital smart transmitter technology, variabl frequency drives, electronic test equipment, safety valves, conservation vents and rupture disks.
5. Responsible for tracking time with associated work orders during scheduled shift.
6. Basic knowledge of computer systems for interfacing with electrical and instrument equipment plus computerized maintenance management system.
7. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Minimum of 2-year Associate Degree in related studies, or equivalent job specific experience and training. Testing may be required to assess and demonstrate knowledge and ability to effectively perform the required essential duties in a safe manner.
· Must be physically able to perform assigned work such as lifting, climbing, etc.
· Capable of reading and interpreting work instructions, drawings and equipment specifications.
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.