Job Overview and Responsibilities
Are you currently working in external Audit, willing to make the next step in your career and want to join a young and dynamic team? Then, we have a great opportunity for you!
We are a team of around 20 people, in 3 different offices (Brussels, Paris and Shanghai), reporting directly to the Group CEO and the Audit Committee. We cover all Group activities, conducting audits of various business processes throughout the organization, including corporate business functions and manufacturing plants across Global Business Units (GBUs).
More importantly, we are a talent pool for the Group and we develop our people in order to boost their career. Typically people join internal audit for around 3 years, travel worldwide (with focus on EMEA and Americas), meet different cultures and different Solvay businesses and functions and then move into another Solvay function or business (Finance, Marketing & Sales, Sustainable Development, Supply Chain, etc.).
If this sounds exciting, read the job description below:
- Under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager, you will participate in the different audit engagement steps (preparation, audit fieldwork and audit reporting) and you will be responsible for:
- Understand Solvay’s activities and inherent risks
- Identify the risks related to the audited entity or process and define the audit approach
- Ensure the application of Group policies and procedures
- Perform tests to ensure that risk mitigating controls are effective and assess the potential risks associated with inefficiency or lack of controls
- Issue recommendations with added value to the Group
- Contribute to the dissemination of good practices across the Group
- Participate actively to projects led by the department
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in business, finance or engineering required
- About 3 years’ experience in a "Big Four" audit firm (exposure to manufacturing industry strongly preferred)
- Experience in conducting audit remotely is a plus
- Experience with digital ways of working and how to incorporate them in audit activities is also a plus
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The drive to learn, understand and adapt to different thinking, learning styles and cultural profiles
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Must possess and maintain the highest degree of security and confidentiality of information
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus (eg. German, Portuguese, Italian)
- Completion of internship or study abroad program is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 40% (including overnight and weekend) throughout different zones
Job based in Paris or Brussels with possible remote working from any city in France, Belgium, Germany, Portugal or Italy.
A challenging position with international scope in the heart of our organization
A well-defined learning & career path with great possibilities to grow within Solvay
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.