Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- A highly skilled legal professional to assist with various projects such as M&A, JV, divestment, and liquidation, as well as manage contracts and legal documents.
- A team player who can work independently and is able to attend board meetings and follow up on governance issues.
- Someone who can provide legal advice and assist with dispute and employment-related settlements.
- Someone capable of managing an assigned project and instructing, coordinating and monitor outside counsel, including the development of strategies and tactics
We count on you for:
- Assisting with various legal projects and contract management
- Provide legal advice on various legal matters
- Following up on governance issues and attending board meetings as a secretary
- Providing legal advice and assistance with dispute and employment-related settlements
- Participating in the development of legal training programs and providing legal training on various legal subjects
- Developing, implementing, and following up legal policies
- Identify legal issues in normal operational business activities, and convince clients to take the most appropriate legal approach best calculated to advance the interest of Solvay.
- Instruct, coordinate and monitor outside counsel, including the development of strategies and tactics
- Collaborate with other team members, including legal teams in other jurisdictions, to ensure standardization and alignment on legal matters at Group level and support continuous improvement in that respect
You can count on us for:
- Opportunities for growth and learning within a dynamic and international working environment
- A supportive team and cross-functional project teams in a collaborative and team-driven working environment
- Opportunities for travel
You will bring:
- A Republic of Korea law degree from a well-respected, accredited South Korean university
- Successful completion of the Republic of Korea National Bar Exam and/or US Bar Exam
- 7-10 years or more post-graduate experience in an international working environment, with a focus on corporate/commercial projects in South Korea
- Strong transactional experience handling South Korean issues
- In-depth knowledge of Republic of Korea laws and a good grounding in commercial dispute and employment-related issues
- Strong customer orientation, independence, initiative, decisiveness, research and analytical skills, and excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Project management experience and ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Fluency in English
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- 16, or more, weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations.
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
- An additional degree in international commercial law or LLM degree from an accredited overseas law school or from a well-respected university would be a plus. International work experience is a nice-to-have skill.
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.