Marketing Manager, Environmental
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The Environment segment marketing manager is ultimately responsible for developing a strong pipeline of growth programs which lead to generating new leads for the regional / global frontline commercial teams. Success will be measured on the size and quality of the identified growth programs that translate into revenue generating projects generating top line revenue growth. The focus of the marketing manager is to identify new customers, applications, or product development opportunities that translate into new leads generating top line revenue. Another key aspect of the role is finding new opportunities in the Environment segment globally where Specialty Polymers can be a market maker. The position will report to the Global Market Leader and will be based in United States.
- Develop marketing strategy and plan, including segmentation and implementation milestones which translate into new leads for the commercial front line teams.
- Define segments and value propositions.
- Implement relationship management in the case of new customers, applications, or segments.
- Support alignment of R&D & CTD application development work with market trends and marketing goals.
- Provide market assessments for all products. Coordinate with other business groups, as needed.
- Manage and adapt market models by keeping abreast of market changes and disseminate relevant market and technical information.
- Provide market/product/application development management; manage development resources and process of development jointly with R&D and Market Manager.
- Represent Solvay’s interests on industry committees (regulatory and advocacy).
- Train regional frontline line on value proposition and provide local support to implement the market plans which generate new leads.
- Develop pipeline of Growth Programs.
- Synthesize market data from multiple sources to form strong market understanding and anticipate trends that can generate large opportunities for Solvay Specialty Polymers (SpP).
- Work with cross functional team (CTD, R&D, and Frontline) to prioritize growth programs based on market attractiveness and SpP’s unique value proposition.
- For all identified Marketing Growth Programs drive full Marketing Process: 1) Market Assessment (Fact Book), 2) Validation and 3) Launch Plan for Market Entry (Marketing Mix). 4) Go to Market.
- Drive stakeholder buyin through each milestone of the Marketing Process: Asset management, R&D, Communications, Regional Frontline, and Customer Technical Development.
- Monitor trends and provide Marketing support to Core Business.
- Monitor and communicate global competitive trends in the market with the main purpose of identifying new opportunities
- Work with Regional Sales Cluster Managers and Product Managers (PMs) on coordination of pricing activity. Develop and maintain appropriate sales and market support tools.
Education and Experience
- Academic degree (bachelor`s/master`s degree), preferably in Business/Marketing or Engineering.
- MBA or marketing related graduate degree is a plus.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a commercial position with a strong marketing background.
- Strong Marketing capabilities, practical knowledge of main Marketing Excellence tools.
- Strong knowledge of the water and air treatment industry is a plus.
- Proven track record in driving successful results even without direct authority.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams (technology, product management, sales,...)
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and bring innovative new ideas.
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to travel 30-50% (domestic/international) – To be redefined in current scenario
- Achievement Drive/Initiative
- Impact and influence
- Change Leader
- Global Mindset
- Strategic Thinking
Marketing Manager, Environmental
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.