Production Operator (Winona)
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for: The production operator is responsible for operating the computer and related systems required along with completing and passing the Essential Function Testing.
We count on you for:
- Troubleshooting equipment; and identifing root causes to take corrective action in order to resolve problems.
- Recognize quality issues and make adjustments to ensure excellent quality.
- Perform general upkeep on equipment to improve reliability and process and product consistency.
- Apply knowledge of manufacturing processes to achieve and exceed result targets Perform material handling, including properly packaging and labeling of products Tie on or splice ends to repair breaks in creel and throughout the production line Cleaning and maintaining clean equipment and work area while manufacturing materials
Work safely Communicate (oral and written) effectively with others
Work overtime Sit or stand for 10 to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
Lift up to 50 lbs.
Consistently climb stairs Operate computer and related systems required
Complete and pass Essential Function Testing
Attendance is important
Respirator fit required
You can count on us for:
- Long-lasting excellent customer relations, self-dependent working, and a variety of tasks in one of the world’s leading chemical companies.
- Excellent training & development possibilities.
You will bring:
- Stable work history
- High school diploma or GED
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future
- 1 year of Manufactoring Experience (Preferred)
You will get:
The U.S. base salary range reasonably expected to be paid for this position is $24.49 per hour, with a shift differential for 3rd shift. Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role also includes bonus and/or other incentives.
16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
Training platform for all employees
Free language courses (24 languages available)
Solvay Shares Plan
Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
Location: Winona, MN
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.