Project engineer - La Rochelle
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for experienced mechanical project engineers (layout, piping, turnkey package and equipment) who wish to evolve to a position of project manager on a chemical industrial site.
Referring to the Site Engineering Office Manager, you lead a portfolio of industrial investment projects (generally below 1 M€ or more depending on your experience) .
Mission and Main Goals:
- You are accountable for safety, cost, schedule and quality objectives of each project.
- You optimize the project investment requirement and content through generation of new ideas or alternatives (conceptual or technical), leveraging technical skills and standard methods.
- You plan each project taking into account that all detail engineering activities are subcontracted (eg: internal specialists, engineering companies, procurement plan, documentation for permitting)
- You coordinate the different stakeholders (internal and external) to ease the projects execution,
- You manage the project schedule by coordinating engineering and construction activities.
- You communicate with the other PMs and your manager to anticipate resource conflict and facilitate arbitration.
- You involve maintenance and production teams to facilitate the handover of the projects.
- Cost estimation and schedule for basic engineering and execution stages.
- Issue the project execution plan.
- Organization of the activities to ensure effectiveness of internal and external resources.
- Make periodic safety, quality, cost and schedule controls with the related short reports.
- Control and validation of payments to the suppliers (engineering, equipment and other materials or services).
- Specific technical analysis and studies.
- Organize and participate in the design and constructability reviews.
- Tender technical specification and purchasing management for material ( equipment and piping).
- Tender technical specification and purchasing management for construction contracts (civil, steel structures, equipment and piping erection, electricity and instrumentation)
- Coordination of all the documentation necessary to obtain the construction and production permits
- Check the progress of the site construction activities and put in place corrective actions
- Issue the mechanical acceptance certificate of the installations within timing & budget settled.
You will bring:
Education and experience
- Degree in mechanical or similar
- Experience of around 5 years in mechanical engineering (layout, equipment, piping) combined with project management.
- Professional English and Fluent French or Italian (depending on sites).
- Ability to work in parallel on different projects.
- Deep knowledge of mechanical engineering (layout, equipment, piping).
- Good knowledge of industrial project management and other engineering disciplines.
- Very good ability to communicate with all project stakeholders.
- Open-mindedness to identify improvement opportunities.
- Impact and influence on the project team and project owner.
You will get:
• Competitive salary
• 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
• Free language courses (24 languages available)
• Additional local benefits
Location : La Rochelle
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.