Research Assistant,Organic Synthesis
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
1. Chemical synthesis operation, such as build up experimental setup, run reaction and workup.
2. Perform analysis, test, and investigation in connection with determining properties of material or new product development.
3. Support for product scaling up and process optimization.
4. Record and document the experiment results in precision and detail. Ensure the project is carried out smoothly with timely update and delivery of objectives.
5. Implement assigned R&I projects arranged by project leader with appropriate documents, such as literature search for related topics.
6. To take charge of lab sample management and internal/external sample delivery for internal test/customer demo.
7. Follow all SHE policies, support lab 5S and HSE work to ensure clearness and safety in the lab.
1. Educational background: Minimum Bachelor’s degree, major in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related, preferably Master Degree in Organic Chemistry.
2. With minimum 1 year lab experience in organic synthesis/separation/purification in industrial company.
3. Be able to do lab experiment, particularly, multiple steps of organic synthesis, independently.
4. Analytical skill like GC, GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC, NMR, etc. is a plus.
5. Complement skilled with Microsoft Suite & Google apps suite
6. Be able to read English literature. Good oral English. Record and document the experiment data in English.
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.