The Process Engineer will be a member of the Process Engineering team that is responsible for the industrial roadmap, process design and improvements as well as supporting the safe, reliable and cost effective operations. The engineer will work on the optimization of unit operations and major projects. This position is expected to support improvements in our HSE, Quality, Production and cost performance.
The incumbent will be responsible for hands-on support, troubleshooting production issues, defining scopes of large capital projects, suggesting product and process improvements and working effectively with all levels of the organization from plant operations to maintenance, customers, suppliers and other groups within the SAP, LLC.
The Process Engineer will report to the Technical Manager, and will work in a team-based environment, and is responsible for:
• Preparing the industrial roadmap that defines capacity, debottlenecking strategy and timing that is supported by project scopes as well as plant data and other experimental data.
• Developing process designs for capital projects. Designs will include mass and energy balances, process flow diagrams(PFDs), process and instrument drawings(P&IDs), equipment specifications, instrument datasheets, safety considerations, relief valve sizing and control strategies.
• Providing process engineering improvements to troubleshoot operational problems, minimize unit interruptions and maximize capacity utilization.
• Study, define and propose the most optimal production conditions, taking into account cost and quality.
• Analysis of the performance of the production facilities and analyze production processes in order to improve them.
• Ensure that all process engineering activities are in compliance with HSE regulations and policies.
• Reconciling process data used in analyzing unit and equipment performance.
• Utilizing process models to evaluate cost reduction opportunities.
• Recommending, designing, conducting and evaluating process testing for the purpose of quantifying unit performance for cost reduction or expansion.
• Act as a liaison regarding technological matters towards other departments( especially R&D, operations and QC), suppliers and customers. This includes some travel.
• Act as a liaison with engineering contractors during detail design for projects. This includes some travel.
• Support of other manufacturing locations on an exception basis to supplement process engineering resources at those locations.
• Manage small capital projects on an as needed basis.