Senior Process Engineer - Spinetta Marengo
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
The Senior Process Engineer will be a member of the Process Engineering team that is responsible for the industrial roadmap, process design and improvements as well as supporting the safe, reliable and cost effective operations. The engineer will work on major capital projects as well as on optimization of unit operations and new product industrialization.
The main responsibilities for a Process Engineer can be summarized as follows:
- Design a process and a plant starting from the product development at laboratory and / or pilot scale to arrive, through data interpretation and process modeling, to the industrial scale up; this activity requires close collaboration with the Research and Development group.
- Conduct process simulations and calculations on unit operations to prepare technical documentation related to a new process, including heat and material balances, P&IDs, equipment and instrument specifications and evaluation of all safety aspects.
- Collaborate with the Engineering function in the development of the basic design and provide support to the detailed engineering phase.
- Contribute to improve the performances of existing installations or revamp existing sections or designing new ones, in close contact with the Production Manager and production team.
- Support running industrial trials to qualify new products and changes in the production process being a key interface between R&I and Production teams. Assess process changes needs to get to full industrialization of new products and process steps.
You will bring:
Education and experience
A solid technical background, and master Degree or Ph.D. in chemical process engineering are required.
Demonstrated ability in chemical process design; polymers preferred.
Six to ten years of relevant experience, in process engineering and industrialization roles, are required.
Italian and English are mandatory. Strong and effective oral and written communication skills both in English and in Italian
Chemical engineering design and process development skills
Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
Planning & organizing ability
Project Management skills
You will get:
• Competitive salary
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
• Free language courses (24 languages available)
• Additional local benefits
Location - Spinetta Marengo, Italy
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.