Technical Sales – North America - Mineral Processing
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- The candidate’s primary objective is to provide best in class technical service and customer support in the use of our products and to ensure the achievement of the commercial objectives of the Mineral Processing business
- Apply and safeguard the application of Solvay safety regulations in all circumstances
- Support new prospects and existing business by conducting lab work to explore new opportunities with both New Product Introductions (NPI) and existing products
- Defend current business and lead/support trial activities including NPI and existing products.
- Ensure and maintain multi-level contact at customer sites, in a planned and disciplined manner so as to facilitate the timely execution of project plans through sound commercial relationships.
- Take the lead to collect customer data, conduct analysis and provide recommendations to advance projects and/or exploit new opportunities
- Support customers and other sales representatives in resolving non-routine technical issues and troubleshooting.
- Ensure compliance to internal reporting requirements including but not limited to: call reports, monthly highlights, trial proposals, trial reports, commercial performance reports
- Comply with Solvay policies such as code of conduct, anti-bribery, antitrust, business travel expense guidelines.
- Possess a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, metallurgy or chemistry.
- At least 5 years Laboratory / Plant Process (flotation concentrator) experience. Both are equally critical in the role.
- Be a self-motivator with skills in problem solving
- Hands on lab skills to conduct lab trials are highest priority
- Demonstrate good technical and commercial sense with a high focus on value selling
- Desire to build excellent customer relationships while promoting Solvay products for the benefit of the client.
- Physical capability to periodically lift up to 50 lbs and to cover plant trials as needed
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Be a strong team player with focus on compliance to company policies
- Willing to travel or be on customer site at least 60% of his/her time; travel will change according to the customers‘ requirements
- Able to operate in a global/virtual organization
- Demonstrate a hunter personality, taking initiative to identify and convert opportunities into new sales
- Be comfortable with working remotely
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.