VIE - Junior Business Controller
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
The Junior Business Controller will support both the Worldwide Controller and the EMEA & Intermediates Business Controller in the following activities:
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly closing tasks, analysis and reporting (volume, price, contribution margin, variable production costs, fixed costs, working capital)
- Contribute to the Budget process design and implementation
- Perform ad-hoc analysis (e.g. profitability, development project, etc.)
- Lead/contribute to finance related projects
Education and Experience
- Business School (major finance/controlling) or other Finance/Management related study at Master level
- A first experience in the field of Controlling would be appreciated
- Languages: Fluent in English, French is nice-to-have
- Solid basis in Finance / Controlling / Accounting
- Very good knowledge of Excel
- Agility / Flexibility / Reactivity
- Autonomy / Reliability / Collaboration (including in remote working)
- Aptitude to adopt various IT tools (such as Google tools, Qliksense, SAP…)
- Business and/or Industrial and/or Customer insight
- Project management
This position is a VIE, an International Internship within a company. To become an International Intern in a Company, you must fulfil the following conditions :
- Be aged at least 18 but not yet 29 : you must be 28 when you start your assignment, bearing in mind that a V.I.E contract always starts on the 1st of the month.
- Be French or a European citizen.
- Be in good standing with regard to the national service obligations of your country(ies) (defence ID n°).
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Be able to devote yourself full time to your assignment : no part-time work, entrepreneurship, studies or paid activity at the same time as your V.I.E.
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.