Fomblin® PFPE Lubricants
Fomblin® PFPE lubricants, oils and greases are engineered for extreme applications where the up-time is a key element. Fomblin® PFPE products have an outstanding viscosity index, operate at low and very high temperatures, are chemically inert and do not dissolve in hydrocarbons. They are dense oils, UL listed as nonflammable and are not toxic.
What Makes Fomblin® Lubricants Better?
- Unmatched chemical and solvent resistance
- Excellent thermal resistance
- Excellent electrical resistance
- Non–reactive with metal, plastic, elastomers and rubber
- Inert to liquid and gaseous oxygen
- Excellent radiation hardness
- Good viscosity index
- Non flammable
- Extremely wide operating temperature range
- Low evaporation loss
- Excellent water washout properties
- Good low and high temperature wear properties
- Easily formulated into greases
- Environmentally safe
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
- Non-Volatile Organic Chemicals (non-VOC)
- Non-toxic behavior
Specific grades of Fomblin® PFPE lubricants offer additional features such as:
- Extremely high viscosity index (< 300)
- Excellent low temperature starting torque
- Improved evaporation characteristics
The availability of additivated Fomblin® PFPE fluids widens the range of applications for perfluorinated fluids and greases in fields demanding high anti-rust properties. These applications include lubrication of bearings, gears, turbine and liquid compressors that may be in contact with condensed water vapor.
These additives also provide an opportunity to use Fomblin® PFPE as a hydraulic fluid, filling fluid and solvents where anti-rust prevention is one of the primary product specifications.
Fomblin® PFPE lubricants are often formulated into greases for specific applications in need of high performance lubrication.
Service temperature range