60 years of performance: TECHNYL® is stronger than ever
Solvay Engineering Plastics is a global leader in polyamide-based engineering polymers. Since 1953, we develop, manufacture and commercialize a complete range of high performance materials for automotive and transportation, construction and energy, consumer goods and industrial equipment under the Technyl® brand.
Today, the Technyl® family is stronger than ever with four new differentiating products and service offers - the Technyl® Force - for which Solvay Engineering Plastics has leading expertise.
• Process easily
• Lower cost
• Enjoy high performance
• Produce efficiently
• Respect the environment
• Leader in Automotive for Thermal Management
• Dedicated offer for Turbo Charging
• High chemical resistance
• Longer durability
• Holding up under pressure
• Fuel barrier resistance
Technyl® One is a new polymer technology patented by Solvay that effectively yields high temperature performance while offering distinct advantages to avoid tool corrosion and increase processing stability.
• Market-leading electrical performance
• Yellow card available with the highest RTI rating at 150°C, at 0.4mm wall thickness
Electrical protection devices requiring product miniaturization and multi-functionality such as high-range miniature circuit breakers (MCB), model case circuit breakers (MCCB), contactors, and all applications that require high electrical performance.
A leader in automotive solutions for thermal management
Solvay Engineering Plastics offers a complete array of hydrolysis-resistant Technyl® grades for the most demanding appliances delivering multiple benefits:
• Extensive product portfolio referenced by global and regional OEMs.
• Easy processing and compatibility with numerous production techniques, including injection, welding blow-molding, overmolding, and more.
• Optimization of parts design and functional integration, as well as potential for weight reduction.
• Worldwide availability of Technyl® products customer support.
A dedicated offer for turbo charging
To meet growing demand for downsized engines that continue to offer lightweight high performance and power output, Solvay Engineering Plastics offers a specially designed range of heat performance materials:
• Technyl® B2 V15 is the new generation for 2D and 3D blow-molding, providing complex tubular parts able to resist temperatures up to 210°C.
• Technyl® Heat Performance (HP), a product range for injection-molded applications, providing continuous 200°C temperature resistance.
A range of hydrolysis-resistant grades for the most demanding applications
• 20-year track market reference.
• Tensile strength improvement versus standard materials after aging in water/glycol hot mixtures.
• High hydrolysis and road salt resistance for extreme conditions.
Technyl® eXten D 236AL
Solvay Engineering Plastic’s bio-sourced Technyl® eXten provides an effective alternative to polyamide 12 protective coating for metal pipes. For example, unfilled Technyl eXten D 236AL is copper-like colored, then melted onto the surface of aluminium pipes used in air conditioning systems' outdoor cooling units.
• High-speed extrusion ability (high flow)