BR® 624 potting compound is a one-part, low density material formulated for use in insert or edge filling of honeycomb sandwich construction. It is a thermosetting, modified epoxy system, serviceable over a temperature range of -70 – 350°F (-57 – 177°C).
BR® 624 potting compound is thixotropic and cure cycles may be varied over a broad range. Cure temperatures as low as 225°F (107°C) and as high as 350°F (177°C) have been used successfully. Multiple cure cycles at temperatures up to 350°F (177°C) will not impair its use as a structural material.
Features & Benefits
• Structural properties from -67°F to 400°F (-55°C to 204°C)
• Compatibility with most 350°F (177°C) service temperature adhesives
• Protects prepared surfaces from further oxidation
• Improves hydrolytic stability at the adhesive-to-metal interface
• Insert and edge filling of honeycomb structures
Global Business UnitComposite Materials
|Chemical category||Chemical family||Chemical product|
Region of commercial availability
- Asia / Pacific
- Europe / Middle East / Africa
- North America
- Latin America