Halar® 6914 is a gray, semi-crystalline melt processable fluorinated primer. It is designed to be applied directly to substrates by electrostatic or fluidized bed techniques. In particular Halar® 6914 is recommended for use as a primer on aluminum large surface area parts in protection and anti-corrosion applications.
Halar® 6914 provides optimum and rapid bonding and can be used to maximize topcoat adhesion performance in high build coatings specifically. It also exhibits very good thermal and color stability, outstanding permeation and flame resistance and very good chemical resistance.
Main features of Halar® 6914 include:
- Gray color
- Very good thermal and color stability
- Optimum and rapid adhesion
- Particularly designed for large surface area parts in aluminum
- Outstanding permeation resistance
- Optimum flame resistance
- Very good chemical resistance