The high quality sodium bicarbonate
Our sodium bicarbonate Bicar®food is mainly used as a raising agent for baked goods and as a carbon dioxide source for effervescent drinks. It is available in an extensive range of particle sizes for a wide variety of uses.
Bicar®food has long been recognized as the leavening agent of choice among professionals, home bakers and biscuit producers.
With our nine production units well placed around the world, a dedicated research and technology center (France) and a strong worldwide supply chain, Solvay is able to offer an extensive range of particle sizes for a wide variety of uses.
Features & benefits
- An environmentally friendly mineral substance without risk to body or environment
- The highest and most stringent international food-safety standards (ISO 22000 or FSSC 22000)
- An outstanding reliability thanks to nine production units located in Europe, North America and soon in Thailand and the strong worldwide supply chain
- A complete traceability along the manufacturing chain: a batch number enables the product to be tracked throughout the entire production process
- A consistent quality thanks to a complete process control throughout the manufacturing chain
A high level of innovation thanks to a dedicated research and technology center.
Bicar®food can be used in food products such as:
- Biscuits and crackers
- Cakes and muffins
- Baking powders
- Baking soda (domestic use)
- Soft drinks and energy drinks
- Pork meat tendering
- Moisture retention agent (shrimps)