Accelerating the Future of E-Motors With Specialty Polymers
Our broad portfolio of polymers for e-motors is strategically designed to accelerate the future of the e-mobility industry with enhanced efficiency and sustainability. Available in a variety of unique grades, our specialty thermoplastics, fluids and elastomers can be tailored to fit the desired specifications of the given e-motor application. Additionally, our approach to sustainability facilitates various solutions to help OEMs meet the complex e-mobility market trends and e-motor performance demands.
- KetaSpire® PEEK - With an excellent combination of fatigue resistance and chemical resistance, KetaSpire® PEEK imparts magnet wire with superior insulation protection and excellent permittivity for enhanced e-motor performance. This dimensionally stable PEEK provides extrusion on round or shaped wire profiles, excellent dielectric strength and outstanding thermal endurance up to 240℃.
- Torlon® PAI - A superior strength and wear-resistant polymer, Torlon® PAI and Torlon® HHPAI provide excellent heat resistance, chemical resistance and abrasion resistance for enamel viscosity modifiers and enamel coatings, respectively. For enamel coating magnet wire, PAI can be used to improve concentricity for both round and shaped wire. Torlon® HPPAI offers increased hydrolytic stability and can withstand aggressive cooling fluids, which makes it an optimal alternative enamel solution for magnet wire.
- Amodel® PPA - A family of high-temperature polyamides that retain their high strength and stiffness up to 280℃, Amodel® PPA exhibits exceptional mechanical properties and dielectric performance. Amodel® PPA is widely utilized for e-motor cooling, and has been replacing die-cast aluminum in engine cooling systems for over 25 years.
- Amodel® Supreme boasts the industry’s highest Tg, and improves electrical property performance in e-motor connectors and busbars. With best-in-class volume resistivity and dielectric strength, Amodel® Supreme is particularly well-suited for higher voltage electric systems, such as next-generation e-motors. Our bio-based, long chain PPA, Amodel® Bios pioneers the sustainability initiative, as it is made from non-food competing biomass and produced with 100% renewable electricity. This high-performance PPA is available in structural, electrification and flame-resistant grades, making it ideal for e-mobility and automotive applications.
- Ryton® PPS - As a semi-crystalline, high-heat polymer, Ryton® PPS offers tremendous electrical performance and excellent dimensional stability for precision-molded components. This combination of properties makes it optimal for prolonged, high-temperature service in e-motor components such as connectors and busbars, as it retains its electrical properties after substantial heat and fluid exposure. Additionally, Ryton® PPS is often used to replace die-cast aluminum and reduce weight in e-motor coolant housings and tubes.
- Xydar® LCP - A liquid crystal polymer formulated with optimal properties for electrical applications, Xydar® LCP can be injection molded into thin-wall components, which makes it a well-suited alternative to films for slot liners. Injection molded slot liners offer complete conformance to slot dimensions, and Xydar® LCP demonstrates the necessary thermal conductivity along with high-dielectric strength and creep resistance over a wide temperature range.
- AjediumTM Films - Though available in a full spectrum of high-performance thermoplastics, AjediumTM PEEK insulating film is thinner, more thermally conductive and has superior conformability and lubricity than traditional laminates. These properties, along with its high dielectric strength and improved mechanical properties, make AjediumTM PEEK films ideal for stator slot liners and slot wedges in e-motors.
- XencorTM LFT - A family of long fiber thermoplastics, XencorTM LFT are extremely well-suited for semi-structural applications and challenging technical components such as slot wedges in e-motors. Due to its unrivaled retention of mechanical properties at high temperatures, outstanding impact and crash resistance, low creep and superior dimensional stability, XencorTM LFT enables for high performance, design freedom, function integration and weight reduction in today’s most advanced slot wedges.
- Tecnoflon® FKM - A highly resilient synthetic rubber, Tecnoflon® FKM retains critical properties in chemically aggressive environments and at extreme temperatures. Designed with superior friction and wear properties, this family of fluoroelastomers is a choice material for seal applications in e-motor that need to withstand friction and wear at higher speeds and extended use.
- Fomblin® PFPE - A family of fluorinated fluids, Fomblin® PFPE provides excellent lubrication over an extremely wide range of operating temperatures. Engineered to boost performance in demanding applications where heat, chemicals, solvents, corrosion, toxicity, flammability and service life present lubrication challenges, these specialty lubricants are optimal for e-motors as they offer reliable performance over extensive periods.
- Galden® PFPE - This high-performance family of inert, fluorinated fluids offers high dielectric strength, low dissipation factor, inherent non-flammability and excellent compatibility with metals and plastic. Galden® PFPE is ideal for immersion cooling of e-motors, and serves as an excellent alternative to ATF or glycol, due to its insulation material compatibility.
Explore all products for E-motors