Air Induction Systems
Amodel® PPA Outperforms Conventional Nylons
With a heat deflection temperature of 280°C (536°F) and continuous-use temperature up to 210°C (410°F), Amodel® polyphthalamide (PPA) can take the heat in under-the-hood applications that are too demanding for conventional nylons and polyesters. This allows charge air cooler (CAC) housings, airflow valves, throttle bodies and other components molded from Amodel PPA to maintain their high strength and stiffness along with excellent creep and fatigue resistance when exposed to high heat and thermal cycling.
- Excellent mechanical properties over a broad range of operating temperatures and pressures
- Continuous use up to 210°C (410°F)
- Excellent resistance to automotive fluids, cleaners and road salts
- Low moisture absorption
- Excellent dimensional stability
- CAC Hot Air Ducts
- CAC Housings
- Diesel Airflow Valves
- EGR Valves & Housings
- Throttle Bodies
- Turbocharger Housings
Wear-Resistant Plastics for Turbocharger Components
Turbocharger bushings, seal rings and other internal components are some of the most demanding applications in air induction systems. They must withstand extreme temperatures, wear, loads and aggressive chemicals in lubricated and non-lubricated environments over a wide range of critical pressures and velocities.
Wear-resistant grades of Torlon® PAI and KetaSpire® PEEK are formulated to give you just the right combination of mechanical and tribological properties to effectively replace metal in high-temperature friction and wear applications.
For comparable PEEK performance with up to 30% lower cost, consider our new wear-resistant AV-700 grades of AvaSpire® PAEK.
- Long-term use from 120-265°C (248-509°F)
- Short-term use up to 280°C (536°F)
- Lubricated and non-lubricated environments
- Self-lubricating for longer life
- Lighter weight and less noise than metals
- Non-corrosive and non-galling
- Bearing Retainers
- Compressor Wheels
- Isolation Disks
- Seal Rings