Sustainable Solutions for Enhanced Coatings Products
With more than 60 years of experience in coatings, Solvay helps manufacturers meet the industry’s most significant challenges and achieve evolving sustainability goals. Our high-performing portfolio includes sustainable brands such as Augeo®, Diofan® PVDC, Fluorolink® PFPE, Hylar® PVDF, Rhodasurf®, Rhodoline® and more.
- Rhodasurf® - Solvay’s Rhodasurf® solutions are APEO-free ethoxylates that provide better mechanical, chemical, freeze-thaw and pre-monomer stability for waterborne coatings formulations.
- Rhodoline® - Known for delivering significant performance enhancements, Rhodoline® specialty additives are beneficial for a wide range of coatings systems. These cost-effective and sustainable additives offer impressive chemical stability, in addition to anti-foam properties, improved wetting and pigment dispersion, and more.
- Abex® - Usable in a range of polymer systems, Abex® specialty emulsifiers are designed to improve the performance of emulsion polymers formulated for architectural and industrial coatings.
- Aerosol® - Aerosol® specialty surfactants are useful in a variety of polymer systems for acrylics. Aerosol® surfactants improve performance in waterborne latex systems designed for waterborne architectural and industrial coatings, as well as waterborne adhesives.
- Augeo® - Augeo® is an eco-solvent made from glycerin. This sustainable alternative to petrochemical solvents can be used in various applications such as paints and varnishes, printing inks and more.
- Diofan® PVDC - Known for its outstanding adhesion and VOC-free content, Diofan® PVDC withstands the harshest of conditions.
- Fluorolink® PFPE - Fluorolink® PFPE products do not contain PFOA, PFOS or C8 telomere-like structures. These bifunctional products are designed as monomers for polymer modification to improve chemical and abrasion resistance, friction and stain repellency.
- Hylar® PVDF - Hylar® PVDF grades are sustainable solutions for various end-use applications. Weather-resistant and durable, PVDF coatings are also proven to reduce energy usage and overall costs.
- Hyflon® Perfluoropolymers - Hyflon® perfluoropolymers are a range of resins designed for high-temperature use and chemical resistance. Because of their durability and resistance even in harsh temperatures, these resins can be used in protective linings and coatings, release coatings and anti-stick coatings.
Explore all products for Architectural & Industrial Coatings