Flavor & Fragrance solutions: open new horizons with Solvay!
Solvay is the unique partner to offer an extensive range of vanillin and ingredient solutions to answer Flavor & Fragrance challenges around the switch to natural, innovation and sustainability.
We have a global industrial and sales footprint, with plants based in three regions: Baton Rouge (US), Lyon & Melle (France), Zhenjiang (China).
We are innovation-driven, with a willingness to enlarge our product portfolio with renewable carbon & added-value solutions.
We have a dedicated key account team to better serve our F&F customers around the world.
With more than 120 years of research and innovation, Solvay is a reference in the F&F market, offering high performance solutions. With plants based on three continents, we have a global footprint and security of supply that enables us to meet customer demands.
Our non GMO portfolio of products meet the highest food safety and confessional certifications:
- FSSC 22000
Our products are aligned with global trends:
- Vanillin & Ethylvanillin are part of our historical offer, providing the universal vanilla top note for use in the flavor and fragrance market all over the world (Rhovanil®, Rhodiarome®, Rhovea®).
- Cyclopentanone is a solution widely used in the perfumery market as intermediate.
- Our long-lasting sandalwood notes range is used for fine fragrances, personal care and incense products: (Sandal essential ICCH, Rhodiantal Candalum, Rhodiantal IBCH with renewable carbon benefit if needed).
Our natural products meet universal natural labeling status, and are enabling us to accelerate the switch to natural:
- Rhovanil® Natural CW is the market reference for natural vanillin needs which is EU & US nat compliant with key flavor regulations in law
- Rhovanil® US Nat is a replacement for synthetic vanillin dedicated to the US market.
- ‘New naturals’ range with a large list of biosourced products & renewable carbon solutions:
- Natural Guaiacol
- Natural Phenol
- Bio sourced IBCH (>60% of renewable carbon)
As a leader in the field, Solvay is pushing the boundaries with a commitment to innovation in the F&F market.
- CataSynth: Solvay and Anthea, a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals in India concluded an agreement to establish a Joint Venture named CATàSYNTH Speciality Chemicals, dedicated to the production of catechol derivatives.
- Eugenol Synth: an innovation for fragrance applications to provide a reliable alternative to the natural eugenol, sole solution currently in the market generating quality, supply & price fluctuations issues
- Helional and Heliotropin: key ingredients used mainly in fine perfumes, but also for applications in the Flavor, Fragrance, Agrochemical & Pharma industries worldwide.
- With our R&D teams across the world, we are always looking to develop new products to meet customer demands; there are more solutions to be developed in the near future; stay tuned!
Contact our team to know more about the most appropriate solutions for your F&F challenges: firstname.lastname@example.org
Developing sustainability initiatives is a core part of our business. For example, vanillin & Ethylvanillin made in our Baton Rouge plant are made using 100% renewable electricity.
We are also using renewable carbon solutions in our Jasper US plant & bio-gas in our Melle plant in France to produce cyclopentanone.