United Nations Global Compact
We are a signatory to the UN Global Compact and supports the 10 principles with respect to human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
Under the auspices of the Global Compact initiative established by the former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, NGOs, international businesses and labor organizations as well as representatives from the world of science and politics are working closely together with the aim of forging a global economy based on the principles of sustainable development.
Solvay Advanced criteria COP
Solvay is reporting according to the Advanced Program and communicates on the 24 advanced criteria through its Annual Integrated Report.
The 10 principles of the Global Compact
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor
- Businesses should uphold the effective abolition of child labor
- Businesses should uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery