A Broad Portfolio of High-Performance Solutions for Medical Devices and Equipment
Solvay offers the broadest selection of high-performance thermoplastics for implantable and medical devices and equipment with critical performance properties including chemical and temperature resistance, strength, and biocompatibility. Additionally, we prioritize collaboration with our customers to create solutions that promote lightweighting, offer design flexibility and address complex challenges like selecting the right grade of sodium bicarbonate for hemodialysis treatments. Explore our top brands below.
Solviva Biomaterials for Implantable Devices
- Zeniva® PEEK - As one of the most biostable plastics available, Zeniva® PEEK delivers high strength and stiffness, plus excellent toughness and fatigue resistance for challenging healthcare applications.
Medical Grades for Limited Contact Applications (< 24h)
- Kalix® HPPA - These glass-filled compounds offer exceptional strength, stiffness and improved chemical resistance compared to traditionally used materials for covers and housings for medical devices.
- Radel® PPSU - Radel® PPSU has provided a strong, lightweight alternative to metal for more than 30 years, with added benefits like impact resistance and ISO 10993 biocompatibility for safer and more durable medical equipment.
- Udel® PSU - As a rigid, high-strength sulfone polymer, Udel® is well suited for transparent medical devices and equipment where improved performance compared to polycarbonate is desired.
- Veradel® PESU - This high-performance amorphous thermoplastic is ideal for many transparent applications and offers improved strength, toughness and hydrolytic stability compared to other transparent engineering plastics.
- Ixef® PARA - Ixef® PARA is an excellent choice for applications where an aesthetic, ultra-smooth finish is desirable. With added benefits like tensile strength and ergonomic properties, this material is an outstanding choice for single-use devices.
- KetaSpire® PEEK - This high-performance solution can withstand repeated exposure to sterilization processes while maintaining outstanding strength, stiffness and thermal performance in a broad range of healthcare applications.
Solutions for Hemodialysis
- Bicar® pharma (Hemodialysis) - Bicar® Pharma is a premium grade of sodium bicarbonate that is an ideal solution to provide electrolytes and stabilize the pH for hemodialysis treatments.
Explore all products for Healthcare