Senior HSE Engineer - Occupational Safety - Piedmont, SC
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- The HSE Engineer participates in all HSE functions throughout the plant site. Responsible for working with all levels of plant personnel. The HSE Department supports both the Piedmont and Rock Hill, SC facilities.
- This position will report to the HSE Manager and will be based in Piedmont. This role will focus on health and safety programs, but will also have Security and Environmental responsibilities within the sites.
We count on you for:
Occupational Health and Safety
- Conduct HSE training/orientation for new hires and annual training.
- Conduct Safe Work Permit training and monitor program for permit writers.
- Maintain HSE metrics for monthly and annual reporting, including OSHA logs
- Support the plant in incident investigation and reporting
- Manage site HSE standards to ensure compliance with corporate standards and regulatory requirements (e.g., LOTO, Confined Space, etc.)
- Implement appropriate HSE training content required by regulation and site
- Monitor and report HSE program activities
- Participate in and/or lead risk assessments of processes and equipment
- Lead/manage implementation and coordination of HSE Management systems
- Proponent and participant in the site’s Behavioral-based Safety program
- Identify solutions for HSE concerns (PPE, procedures, etc.)
You will bring:
- Ability to manage and organize data
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Developing others
- Impacting & Influence
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or occupational safety
- Preferred education: 3 or more years in an HSE role in a manufacturing environment
- HSE Certifications is a plus
- Experience in a PSM-covered process a plus
- Experience with PHA’s a plus
- Approximately 5% - primarily travel to the Rock Hill site
You will get:
- The U.S. base salary range reasonably expected to be paid for this new hire is: $90,000 to $110,000. Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role also includes bonus and/or other incentives.
- Competitive salary and benefits pack
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.