Solvay: committed to fight climate change
- WBCSD (Jean-Pierre Clamadieu is a member of the Executive Committee)
- World Economic Forum
- Caring for Climate
- UN Global Compact
- Carbon Pricing Leadership coalition
- The SHIFT Belgium
- AFEP Business Proposals for COP 21
Asking more from chemistry
- Mobility to reconcile transport and environment
- Buildings for energy efficient and thermal insulation
- Industry, to combine performance with energy efficiency and limited carbon footprint
- Bio-sourced chemistry to limit the use of fossil resources (Ocalio™, Augeo™)
- Reduce CO2 intensity of its operations by 40%, that is, its greenhouse gas emissions per added value euro. Furthermore, as of January 1, 2016, Solvay will apply an internal price for CO2 emissions at 25 euros per tonne, to take into account climate challenges in its investment decisions.
- Generate 40% of revenues with solutions addressing the challenges of sustainable development. Solvay uses its “Sustainable Portfolio Management” analysis tool to identify opportunities in this field. Innovation projects will focus for example on developing new lightweighting solutions for cars and airplanes as a way to reduce CO2 emissions or on advanced ingredient formulations for the agricultural sector, which are respectful of the environment.