Solvay is promoting its market leading and latest composite technology developments at SAMPE Long Beach 2018
Alpharetta, GA, May 22th 2018 -- Solvay is sharing its vision of the future of the composites industry and promoting its latest technologies at SAMPE Long Beach 2018.
Carmelo Lo Faro, President of Solvay’s Composite Materials Global Business Unit, gave SAMPE’s keynote lecture on May 22nd at 8.30am, sharing insights on how innovations in high rate manufacturing, modelling, multi-functionality and environmental sustainability will be key to enabling the large scale adoption of composites.
Solvay will be promoting market leading and new technologies developed to address the industry’s manufacturing challenges (samples and components will be on display on stand M25):
Market leading technologies that enable the industrialization of composite part manufacture:
CYCOM® 5320-1 for cost-effective OOA processing of aerospace structures.
APC PEKK for rapid consolidation of thermoplastic composite structures. This market leading unidirectional tape product enables affordable manufacturing processes with excellent toughness, damage tolerance, FST, and notched property performance.
PRISM® technology for high rate manufacture of integrated composite structures. Our resin infusion expert, Dr Jonathan Meegan will be presenting a technical paper on May 22nd at 2.30pm.
Next-generation products and technologies that offer reliability and cost efficiencies:
- FusePly™ further enables the build of reliable, bonded composite parts through the creation of covalently bonded surfaces thus streamlining part integration and reducing assembly time in composite structures. Our technology expert, Len MacAdams will be giving a technical paper on May 23rd at 10.30am.
- Evolite™ F1050, newly launched product for Oil and Gas thermoplastic composite pipe applications.
- SolvaLite® 730, an innovative thermoset prepreg resin system specifically developed for high-volume automotive applications. This prepreg offers very short cycle times, enables robotic handling and eliminates the need for freezers and temperature controlled transportation.
- Tegracore™ PPSU Foam, a foam core under development ideal for thermoset or thermoplastic sandwich panels. It offers a high level of structural and functional integration and is lightweight (53kg/m3) with a high strength -to-weight ratio.
- VAC-PLY™ VMS3, a new next-generation, multi-layer microporous vacuum channel for resin infusion specifically designed to maximize air removal during resin infusion processes, thus optimizing impregnation and avoiding dry spots.
Solvay is an advanced materials and specialty chemicals company, committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. Solvay innovates and partners with customers worldwide in many diverse end markets. Its products are used in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, as well as in mineral and oil and gas extraction, enhancing efficiency and sustainability. Its lightweighting materials promote cleaner mobility, its formulations optimize the use of resources and its performance chemicals improve air and water quality. Solvay is headquartered in Brussels with around 26,800 employees in 61 countries. Net sales were €10.1 billion in 2017, with 90% from activities where Solvay ranks among the world’s top 3 leaders, resulting in an EBITDA margin of 22%. Solvay SA (SOLB.BE) is listed on Euronext Brussels and Paris (Bloomberg: SOLB.BB - Reuters: SOLB.BR) and in the United States its shares (SOLVY) are traded through a level-1 ADR program. Financial figures take into account the announced divestment of Polyamides.