Tremendous weight & cost advantages through composite design, performance and integrated structure applications.
APC means Aromatic Polymer Composite.
APC thermoplastic composite tapes have unique characteristics, including:
- Resin rich surface, which is a great assistance in processing
- Improved melt flow
- High level of impregnation
- Superior toughness and damage tolerance
- Excellent environmental resistance
- Good resistance to creep and fatigue
- Capable of oven consolidation
- Possess outstanding flame, smoke, and toxicity performance
- Processed using a wide range of fabrication techniques
- Infinite room temperature storage life
All mentioned above allows cost efficient fabrication and assembly:
- Auto tape placement
- High speed and in-situ
- Roll forming
- Press molding and stamping
Thermoplastic Composites have demonstrated that they can be rapidly processed and meet aerospace performance requirements. Typical applications for Solvay’s APC include aircraft structure, space components, and other transportation & structural engineering components.
- “APC-2” denotes the use of PEEK polymer as the resin matrix
- APC (PEKK-FC) denotes the use of Fast-Crystallizing PEKK polymer as the resin matrix