Key Attributes & Properties
Catechol, also known as pyrocatechol or 1,2-dihydroxybenzene, is an organic compound essentially used as building block.
It is available in two forms: Flakes (solid form) and Molten (liquid form).
Catechol offers multiple possibilities of bondings, providing different type of interactions and related properties:
- Bi-functional molecule
- Strong metal chelating agent
- Cross linking agent
- Oxygen scavenger
Catechol is used in various final applications markets:
- Agrochemicals (building block)
- Pharmaceuticals (starting raw materials to be chemically transformed)
- Food and Fragrances (building block)
- Electronics (corrosion inhibitor)