Fluorinated Esters and Acetoacetates
ETFBO is a new synthetic building block containing fluorine.
Compounds containing such building blocks reach cells easier and are therefore more effective. Thus, less application is required to achieve the same effect. About 30 percent of all newly developed medicines and about 50 percent of crop protection products contain fluorine.
ETFBO not only allows lower dosages, but generates a predetermined breaking point in the molecule at which, for example, soil organisms attack. The fluorine thereby ensures that the molecule decomposes on the field and does not affect the environment.
Features & benefits
- Approximately 30% of newly developed drugs and approximately 50% of crop protection products contain fluorine
- Because of higher lipophilicity, compounds with fluorine components have better absorption in animal and plant cells (better migration through cell membranes)
- It enables lower doses in drugs and medicines and is more tolerable
- It carries favorable properties into molecules, such as activity and metabolic stability
- Environmental friendly as fluorine with a strong –I effect, it can generate a breaking point in the active ingredient
Fluorine Chemicals - Asia Pasific
Solvay Korea CO., LTD
Fluorine Chemicals - Europe - Middle East - Africa - South America - Asia Pacific
Solvay Fluor GmbH
Fluorine Chemicals - Japan
Nippon Solvay K.K.
Fluorine Chemicals - North America
Solvay Fluorides, LLC
4-Ethoxy-1,1,1-trifluoro-3-buten-2-one (ETFBO) is a fluorinated building block used in the synthesis of pharmaceutical and agrochemicals active ingredients.Abou