Fluorinated Esters and Acetoacetates
ETFBO is a new synthetic building block containing fluorine.
Compounds containing such building blocks reach cells easier and are therefore more effective. Thus, less application is required to achieve the same effect. About 30 percent of all newly developed medicines and about 50 percent of crop protection products contain fluorine.
ETFBO not only allows lower dosages, but generates a predetermined breaking point in the molecule at which, for example, soil organisms attack. The fluorine thereby ensures that the molecule decomposes on the field and does not affect the environment.
Features & benefits
- Approximately 30% of newly developed drugs and approximately 50% of crop protection products contain fluorine
- Because of higher lipophilicity, compounds with fluorine components have better absorption in animal and plant cells (better migration through cell membranes)
- It enables lower doses in drugs and medicines and is more tolerable
- It carries favorable properties into molecules, such as activity and metabolic stability
- Environmental friendly as fluorine with a strong –I effect, it can generate a breaking point in the active ingredient
Fluorine Chemicals - Asia Pasific
Fluorine Chemicals - Europe - Middle East - Africa - South America
Fluorine Chemicals - Japan
Fluorine Chemicals - North America
Fluorine confers differentiating biological properties that makes its insertion on organic molecules attractive, as confirmed by the increasing number of fluorinated intermediates under development in the agro science industry (appr. 50 %).
We pursue a focus strategy to develop competitive processes that are safe to operate, sustainable and yield the required quality for existing fluorinated molecules for the agrochemicals industry.
We develop new routes to existing commercial fluorinated molecules that are cost competitive thanks to our expertise in fluorine chemistry.
We produce in-house or through our toller network, following the most stringent HSE standards developed at Solvay, based on a technical package released from our research and development center.
We deliver the pharmaceutical industry with fluorinated raw materials from our commercial CF2/CF3 product tree.
A growing number of blockbuster drugs contain fluorine atoms:
- Anticancer agents
Electronic and Coating Additives
Our aliphatic fluorinated building blocks can be used for a variety of applications such as:
- Electronic conducting materials
- Coating materials for flat panel displays, touch screens and finger print scanners
Solvents and Catalysts
Fluorinated acids, alcohols as well as our ketones have excellent solvent properties.
They are used as:
- Solvents in chemical reactions
- Catalyst for silicone and alkylation reaction
ETFBO: a molecule for more effective crop protection products and pharmaceuticals