Fomblin® PFPE Lubricants
Fomblin® PFPE are fluorinated lubricants representing the best choice when aggressive chemical environments, high temperatures or wide working-temperature ranges are involved.
They are engineered for those applications where heat, chemicals, solvents, corrosion, toxicity, flammability, and service life present lubrication problems.
Why Fomblin® PFPE?
- Unmatched chemical and solvent resistance
- Non-reactive with metal, plastic, elastomers and rubber
- Inert to liquid and gaseous oxygen
- Excellent radiation hardness
- Extremely wide operating temperature range
- Low evaporation loss
- Excellent water washout properties
- Easily formulated into greases
- Environmentally safe
Fomblin® PFPE lubricants have been a critical part of both the United States (NASA) and the European Space Agency space programs for over 25 years.
It is the ideal lubrication solution for the automotive industry, meeting lubrication challenges by providing the best possible performance for demanding applications. It is used as neat oil, formulated into greases, or deposited on the part using suitable carriers.
In the Oil & Gas industry there is an increasing need for hydraulic fluids able to withstand extreme temperatures of up to 260°C (500°F) and high pressures (30,000 psi). Conventional hydraulic fluids start degrading at 220°C (428°F), while Fomblin® PFPE oils are stable up to 290°C (554°F).
- Fomblin® Y oils are characterized by excellent thermal stability, good viscosity index, good low-temperature properties and low evaporative losses.
- Fomblin® M/Z oils have excellent viscosity indexes, very low evaporative losses, excellent low-temperature properties, good thermal stability, outstanding low temperature torque values and very good extreme pressure (EP) characteristics.
- Fomblin® W perfluoropolyether fluids have good high to low temperature performance and stability, very good viscosity indexes and low evaporative loss.
- Fomblin® Z PFPE derivatives are well known lubricants for the Magnetic Recording Media industry where they are used as top lubricants on HD drive surfaces to prevent damage to the disk surface. They have good low temperature viscosity with superior evaporative loss and wear characteristics.
Find Fomblin® PFPE grades, technical data sheets, SDS and more
Find Fomblin® PFPE products by chemistry, market, application, etc.