High Temperature PEEK
KetaSpire® PEEK XT
Solvay is taking PEEK to a new level with KetaSpire® PEEK XT, the industry’s first true high-temperature PEEK. This innovative polymer provides the chemical resistance and ease of processing of standard PEEK, while offering higher thermal performance. KetaSpire® PEEK XT provides improved strength and stiffness at elevated temperatures, improved high-temperature high-pressure performance, and significantly higher electrical properties at elevated temperatures.
The PEEK designation is based on the polymer’s 2:1 ether-to-ketone ratio, which enables the polymer to maintain the chemical resistance and processability of standard PEEK. Other high-temperature polyketones like PEK, PEKK and PEKEKK alter this ratio, therefore, they are not true PEEK polymers. Although these other polymers exhibit thermal properties that are on par with KetaSpire® PEEK XT, they lack the chemical resistance of both standard PEEK and KetaSpire® PEEK XT.
KetaSpire® PEEK XT delivers the best overall performance
- Chemical resistance comparable to standard PEEK
- Processing equivalent to standard PEEK
- Tg is 20°C/36°F higher and Tm is 45°C/81°F higher than standard PEEK
- Improved stiffness and strength at elevated temperatures
- improved high-temperature, high-pressure performance
- Significantly improved electrical properties at elevated temperatures