High performance thermal stabilizer for PVC applications
Rhodiastab® is a beta-diketone used as a co-stabilizer for PVC. PVC degradation is caused by the catalytic dehydrochlorination during processing, exposure to UV light and general weathering conditions.
This low thermal stability has been attributed to the presence of thermally labile structures, resulting from the polymerization mechanism. Non-toxic stabilizers such as barium/zinc or calcium/zinc have been developed to replace toxic lead but are not efficient enough on their own to prevent the degradation.
Rhodiastab® must be adding to enhance PVC stability properties in Ba/Zn or Ca/Zn systems.
Features & benefits
- Color preserved throughout the processing
- Long term color stability
- Eco-friendly lead-free PVC heat stabilizer
- Available in both powder and liquid form for easy processing
- Wide range of applications
Rhodiastab® can be used in numerous applications, as for example :
- Outdoor & Indoor (rigid PVC)
- Pipes & Fitting
- Sheets & films
- Wall & floor covering