High-performance semi-crystalline fluoropolymers
Solef® PVDF is a fluorinated semi-crystalline thermoplastic which is obtained by polymerizing vinylidene fluoride. Without any additives, it has the intrinsic stability inherent to fluoropolymers even when exposed to harsh environments, providing the user with a unique combination of properties resulting in longer equipment life.
In addition to the PVDF homopolymers, which are recognized worldwide for their excellent performance in a variety of applications, Solvay Specialty Polymers has developed a wide range of VF2-HFP copolymers, and VF2-CTFE copolymers to respond to specific needs of the market.
- Chemical inertness to most acids, aliphatic and aromatic organic compounds, chlorinated solvents, alcohols, etc.
- Very high purity
- Low coefficient of friction
- Continuous use within a wide range of temperatures
- Unaffection by UV and good resistance to γ radiation
- Excellent intrinsic fire resistance
- Available grades approved for food contact applications
- Good capability for thermoforming and very easily joined by welding
Relative Performance of Melt-Processable Fluoropolymers
In addition to Solef PVDF resins, Solvay Specialty Polymers offers a wide range of fluoropolymers which are also easily processable by injection, extrusion and all conventional processing techniques.
Solef® PVDF grades can be processed using techniques applicable to standard thermoplastics:
- Injection, compression and transfer molding
Items produced from all non-reinforced grades of Solef® PVDF can be easily assembled using standard welding methods, such as:
- Hot air welding with welding rod
- Butt welding
- IR welding