Solvay showcases the leading positions and growth prospects of its Soda Ash business
Solvay held a webinar for the investment community on its Soda Ash & Derivatives activities that will be part of the future EssentialCo. This webinar marked a continuation of Solvay’s series that began in December 2021 with an One Planet roadmap update, followed in 2022 by the materials supplied to the Automotive and battery industry, Consumer and Peroxides markets.
Management shared the proven track record and resilience of cash generation and margins of the Soda Ash business. Soda Ash EBITDA organic growth is projected to accelerate to approximately 10% per year in the next 5 years while maintaining cash conversion above 70%, and investing in innovation, capacity and energy transition. This is driven by:
- Strong scale and technology leadership in synthetic and natural soda ash.
- Leveraging world-class, competitive assets serving the export markets, and regional assets serving local markets.
- Proven track record of cost competitiveness, strong cash generation, resilient margins and growth through the cycles.
- Reinvention of the Solvay process with a cutting-edge innovation to improve competitiveness and sustainability.
- Investments in capacity expansions of soda ash and bicarbonate to support growth.
- Acceleration of our energy transition projects based on new, sustainable and local fuels in line with its carbon neutrality ambition.
A replay of this presentation is available on Solvay’s Investor Relations website.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. With more than 22,000 employees in 61 countries, Solvay bonds people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. The Group seeks to create sustainable shared value for all, notably through its Solvay One Planet roadmap crafted around three pillars: protecting the climate, preserving resources and fostering a better life. The Group’s innovative solutions contribute to safer, cleaner, and more sustainable products found in homes, food and consumer goods, planes, cars, batteries, smart devices, health care applications, water and air purification systems. Founded in 1863, Solvay today ranks among the world’s top three companies for the vast majority of its activities and delivered net sales of €13.4 billion in 2022. Solvay is listed on Euronext Brussels and Paris (SOLB). Learn more at www.solvay.com.