Business Development, Aerospace 1
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- A manager to look after assigned key accounts in the region and develop new business opportunities
- Support for existing sales channels to grow materials business at key aerospace accounts in China
- Collaboration with the local and global marketing team to accelerate composite material sales for the GBU
We count on you for:
- Directly and independently engaging with end customers to down-select from competing composite material options and processing technologies
- Proactively seeking out and developing new business opportunities
- Demonstrating strategic thinking abilities and problem-solving skills in order to close deals
You can count on us for:
- Opportunities for growth and learning through collaboration with local and global teams
- The chance to make a real impact on the organization's success through business development efforts
You will bring:
- Bachelor's degree or above with a major in engineering, composite, or polymer materials
- At least 8 years of demonstrated work experience in commercial roles for the aerospace market
- Highly developed understanding of composite materials applications in the industry including material selection, structural design, and composite processing technologies
- Good verbal and written English and Chinese language skills
- Quick learner with a good team-working spirit
- Passion for success and a proactive approach toward business development
- A responsible individual with the ability to work independently and travel frequently (50%+)
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- 16, or more, weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.