4th Quarter & Full year 2014 Financial Report
|Net sales||REBITDA||Adj. Net income (Group share)|
|10,213 million €||1,783 million €||156 million €|
Adj. EPS (basic) € 1.87
YoY evolution (%)
The U.S.-based Eco Services business has been disposed as of December 1st, 2014 and has been reported under Assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations as from the third quarter of 2014. For comparative purposes, 2013 and 2014 Income and Cash Flow Statements data have been restated for Eco Services’ business discontinuation as well as for the updated reallocation of shared functions costs from the Corporate & Business Services segment into the Global Business Units.
2013 and 2014 Financial Statements reflect the Group’s application of IFRS 11.
Furthermore, Solvay presents Adjusted Income Statement performance indicators that exclude non-cash Purchase Price Allocation (PPA) accounting impacts related to the Rhodia acquisition.
Q4 highlights - Strong Results
- Group net sales at € 2,574 m, up 8.9% yoy, with volumes 3.7%, forex 2.9% and price 2.2%
- REBITDA at € 414 m, up 10.5% yoy. Margins widened to 16.1% of net sales, up 30 basis points yoy
- Advanced Formulations at € 109 m was up 33% yoy, driven by sound volumes, pricing power, solid double-digit growth contribution by Chemlogics and forex tailwinds;
- Advanced Materials at € 172 m was up 11% yoy, supported by strong innovation-driven volume growth;
- Performance Chemicals at € 190 m was up 6% yoy, underpinned by pricing and operational efficiency progress;
- Functional Polymers at € 15 m was up 17% yoy, supported by high manufacturing yields, broad excellence initiatives delivery and pricing;
- Corporate and Business Services widened 33% yoyto € (72) m due principally to the anticipated back-end loaded phasing of corporate programs;
- Various exceptional items booked over the quarter, mainly: Non-cash impairment charges of € (134) m, mostly related to RusVinyl; Deferred Tax Assets recognition of € 110 m and capital gain on Eco Services disposal € 177 m
- Adjusted Net Income Solvay share at € 208 m versus € 25 m in 2013
- Free Cash Flow at € 542 m; net debt down at € 778 m from € 1,665 m in Q3 2014
FY highlights - Momentum & Delivery
- Group net sales at € 10,213 m, up 5% yoy, with volumes 3.6%, forex (1.4)%, scope 2.4% and stable prices 0.5%
- REBITDA at € 1,783 m, up 11% yoy driven by volume growth (organic and external), pricing power and excellence initiatives; margins widened to 17.5% of net sales, up 90 basis points compared to last year
- Adjusted EBIT at € 761 m, up 3.7% yoy
- IFRS Net income Solvay share at € 80 m versus € 270 m in 2013
- Adjusted Net Income Solvay Share at € 156 m versus € 378 m in 2013. 2014 contained material exceptional elements largely linked to the Group's active portfolio management (c.f. Details in page 14)
- Free Cash Flow generation at € 656 m +35% yoy; net debt decreased € 363 m from 2013 year-end
- DIVIDEND increase proposed: € 3.40 gross per share, up 6.3% compared to last year
Quote of the CEO
Solvay posted solid results throughout the year, benefiting from its ongoing transformation, its upgraded portfolio and operational delivery. We progressed in reshaping our business profile towards a high-end solutions provider. Robust demand for our innovative products and solutions boosted our growth engines. Excellence measures delivered on all fronts, compensating for a higher cost base and securing our pricing power. Overall, Solvay posted double-digit operating profit growth in 2014, expanded margins in all of its businesses and generated a strong free cash flow.
Solvay is confident to sustain recent momentum. The levers of the transformation continue to be deployed and Solvay is currently well-positioned to meet its 2016 ambitions.
As an international chemical group, SOLVAY assists industries in finding and implementing ever more responsible and value-creating solutions. Solvay generates 90% of its net sales in activities where it is among the world's top three players. It serves many markets, varying from energy and the environment to automotive and aeronautics or electricity and electronics, with one goal: to raise the performance of its clients and improve society's quality of life. The group is headquartered in Brussels, employs about 26,000 people in 52 countries and generated 10.2 billion euros in net sales in 2014. Solvay SA (SOLB.BE) is listed on EURONEXT Brussels and EURONEXT Paris (Bloomberg: SOLB:BB - Reuters: SOLB.BR).