Full year and 4th quarter 2013 Financial Report
|Net sales||REBITDA||Net income (Group share)|
|9,938 million €||1,663 million €||378 million €|
Adj. EPS (basic)
|YoY evolution (%) compared with FY'12|
- the Group’s new business organization effective as from January 1, 2013;
- the application of IAS 19 revised;
- the Group’s European Chlorovinyls activities planned to be contributed to the JV with Ineos.
The European Chlorovinyls business activities are reflected as “Assets Held For Sale” on the Balance Sheet (in one single line) and as discontinued operations in the Income Statement as required by IFRS.
As from December 31, 2013, Benvic (the PVC compounding business) is reflected in the Balance Sheet as "Assets Held for Sale", but as continued operations in the Income Statement.
Chemlogics is consolidated in the financial statements from November 1, 2013.
Furthermore, Solvay is presenting Adjusted Income Statement performance indicators that exclude non-cash Purchase Price Allocation (PPA) accounting impacts related to the Rhodia acquisition.
Group net sales at € 2,417 m, down (5)% yoy, with volumes (1)%, prices (3)%, forex (4)% and scope 3%. Allowing for CER phase out, volumes up by 1%
- REBITDA at € 384 m, down (6)% yoy. Allowing for CER phase out, exceptional guar effects and Chemlogics REBITDA up by 8%
- Advanced Formulations (previously named Consumer Chemicals) at € 87 m, down (16)% yoy;
- Advanced Materials at € 160 m, up 18%;
- Performance Chemicals at € 186 m, up 4%;
- Functional Polymers at € 14 m (€ (1) m in 2012);
- Adjusted EBIT at € 131 m (€ 342 m in 2012)
- Adjusted Net Income, Group share at € 25 m (€ 198 m in 2012) mainly due to portfolio related non-recurring items
- Adjusted EPS at € 0.30 (€ 2.39 in 2012)
- Group net sales at € 9,938 m, down (5)% yoy
- REBITDA at € 1,663 m (€ 1,896 m in 2012), overall flat allowing for CER phase out, exceptional guar effects and Chemlogics
- Adjusted Net Income, Group share at € 378 m (€ 690 m in 2012) mainly due to portfolio related non-recurring items
- Adjusted EPS at € 4.54 (€ 8.37 in 2012)
- Strong FCF at € 524 m; net debt decreased by € 23 m to € 1,102 m. € 1,200 m Hybrid financing accounted as equity
- Stable dividend proposed compared to 2012: € 3.20 gross per share, € 2.40 net
- Successful integration of Chemlogics and strong start to synergies delivery
- Progress with Chlorvinyls divestments in Indupa and Benvic’s PVC compounds as well as the establishment of the European JV with Ineos
- Strategic options for Eco-Services being explored
As an international chemical group, SOLVAY assists industries in finding and implementing ever more responsible and value-creating solutions. Solvay generates 90% of its net sales in activities where it is among the world's top three players. It serves many markets, varying from energy and the environment to automotive and aerospace or electricity and electronics, with one goal: to raise the performance of its clients and improve society's quality of life. The group is headquartered in Brussels, employs about 29,400 people in 55 countries and generated 9.9 billion euros in net sales in 2013. Solvay SA (SOLB.BE) is listed on NYSE Euronext in Brussels and Paris (Bloomberg: SOLB:BB - Reuters: SOLB.BR).