Maintenance & Engineering Manager - Winona (MN, US)
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
Onsite position - Winona (MN, US)
We are looking for:
- Leads, develops and coordinates systems and activities to assure site implementation of safe, accurate and cost effective production processes for the manufacture of advanced composite materials
- Leads and directs site maintenance activities to assure the safe implementation of related projects
- Reports to the Site Manager, and directs site Maintenance functions, site reliability, and site CAPEX management
- This position is responsible to assure the Maintenance and Facilities functions are executed in a safe, accurate and productive manner and the CAPEX excellence process is executed per the Solvay group guidelines
- This position will also be a member of the site leadership team and as such will participate in solving problems related to the site
- Interfaces with various other site and corporate functional groups to lead or participate in cross functional problem solving teams, and deliver solutions
We count on you for:
- Ensure compliance with HSE regulation, quality standards and company policies
- Actively promote a safety culture in the plant
- Prepare and submit reports, including annual maintenance and capital budgets, and to work within these budget guidelines.
- Manage Maintenance, Reliability, Instrumentation and Project Engineering staff and associated contractors.
- Develop 1 Year and 5 Year Cap-Ex roadmap with focus on optimization of HSE, Growth, infrastructure and Continuous Improvement projects.
- Improve plant reliability through ABC ranking, bad actor lists, FMEA analysis, and Preventative Maintenance strategy development.
- Develop track and report KPIs for maintenance efficiency/effectiveness and plant reliability
- Improve maintenance capabilities through skill build activities
- Approve and direct contractors that support engineering and capital project execution.
- Integrate project work into production schedule to efficiently complete work with minimal impact to plant production.
- Ensure all projects are completed safely, on time, and on budget. • Provide daily support to operations for all process related issues.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis on equipment failures to determine cause of failure and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment failures, operational issues, and maintenance items.
- Participate in Health, Environment & Safety related initiatives such as Operability Studies, HAZOPS, and incident investigations.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA/PSM Regulations
- Ensure compliance against any set Environmental permitting
- Participate as a member of the site leadership team
You will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Composite Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience, Master Degree desired
- Six Sigma Black Belt or manufacturing excellence experience preferred
- 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years Supervisory/Management experience
- Strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills
It is necessary for the Incumbent to simultaneously solve multiple complex process, equipment or business issues that may require working independently or likely more often, forming, leading and/or participating in cross functional teams as conditions determine. High level problem solving and project management skills, utilizing Lean and Six Sigma approaches would typically by employed. Delegation of appropriate tasks to direct and indirect reports are utilized to maximize the effectiveness and timeliness of all project solutions.
Incumbent is directly or indirectly responsible for identifying, defining, and/or justifying multiple capital, facility and process improvement projects valued up to $250K each, and leading a staff of Engineers and Maintenance personnel to implement those projects, following all appropriate company, governmental and appropriate standards organizations policies, practices and standards, within budget and schedule constraints.
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Additional local benefits
- Location: Winona (Minnesota, US)
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.