Production Worker (Havre De Grace)
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Click on the links to read "The EEO is the Law" poster and the “EEO is the Law” poster Supplement.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for: The Production Operator plays a key role in the operation of the Havre De Grace site. The operator will be responsible for the production of products and goods that meet Solvay Standards. Through operating various equipment, the Production Operator will adhere to all safety standards, perform product quality checks, and monitor various parameters and equipment operations
We count on you for:
- Operate various equipment in accordance with safety and production standards.
- Equipment such as mixing machines, laminating machines, looms, ovens, scales, bag sealers, forklifts, etc.
- Review production documents to confirm product is being produced according to spec
- Make adjustments to processes when necessary to meet quality specifications
- Conduct general/basic maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshoot issues with equipment
- Clean and sanitize equipment as needed
- Enter information into computer system(s)
You can count on us for:
- Long-lasting excellent customer relations, self-dependent working, and a variety of tasks in one of the world’s leading chemical companies.
- Excellent training & development possibilities.
You will bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree in Process Technology or other Industrial/technical skill strongly preferred
- 3-5 years experience in an industrial plant
- 1-2 years experience in production of chemicals preferred
- Previous experience using SAP preferred
- Previous experience in forklift operation preferred.
- Ability to work 8 to 12 hours per shift standing, moving throughout facility
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Ability to utilize a computer and associated software
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs independently consistently throughout shift
You will get:
The U.S. base salary range reasonably expected to be paid for this position is $26.10 per hour. Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role also includes bonus and/or other incentives.
16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
Training platform for all employees
Free language courses (24 languages available)
Solvay Shares Plan
Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
Location: Havre De Grace, MD
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.