Site Controller - French Speaker
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
The platform site controller role will partner with the plant management team of one or several Solvay plant(s) by providing current and forward looking reliable and timely economic information and analysis used to facilitate decision-making. This role will provide plant management with suggested recommendations for improvement based on the financial results. These improvements should be in the form of cost reductions and improved service to customers. The site controller should be familiar with manufacturing processes as well as supply chain processes to ensure an accurate translation into costing and financial reporting.
The site controller acts in coordination with the GBU Finance team, and will guarantee compliance with and adherence to the standards and procedures defined by Solvay Corporate Finance.
We count on you for:
- Follow-up closely internal development in his/her own perimeter and relevant economic & market evolutions, prepare annual operating plan and maintain rolling forecasts.
- Organize and coordinate the forecasting process and create annual budget with cross-functional teams in the plants,
- Provide the GBU Industrial Controller with information relevant for the preparation of the GBU budget and rolling forecasts (mainly fixed costs, possibly variable costs, capex, inventories and other performance KPIs)
- Monitor budget to actual throughout the year and arrange meetings with appropriate teams for accountability. Report material variances to management.
- Ensure the reliability of cost accounting key figures and P&L reporting
- Submit all financial transactions, transmissions, and reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Analyse and accurately report current month’s financial results and KPI’s of the plant in accordance with GBU format and time requirements, and explain the evolution of the performance to the plant and GBU management.
- Perform performance monthly reviews (labor and maintenance cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels) with plant management, including analysis & recommendations aiming at enhancing the financial performance & optimizing assets.
- Manage the product costing process on site (link with the SAP costing team)
- Analyse variable and production fixed costs, variances on yields and consumptions monthly.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Periodically perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. .
- Update cost accounting structure following business and industrial needs
- Participate in development CAPEX projects and, once implemented, monitor performance on an ongoing basis. Report to plant management.
- Attend plant production meetings and discuss production and costing issues.
- Manage financial projects, and assist in the completion of special projects as a financial expert.
- Perform internal controls at the plant for finance.
- Assure adherence to Group Finance standards and procedures, and deploy internal controls and messages on site, raise awareness within the site team.
You will bring:
- Bachelor or Master in Business administration, Economics, Accounting or Finance Degree (e.g. CPA)
- 3-5 years of controlling in manufacturing context. - Strong analytical capabilities – Project management and cross-functional communication skills.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports and projections with a strong attention to detail in accordance with the Group management cycles calendar.
- Ability to analyse financial results and suggest a plan for improvement where needed.
- Must have strong technical and analytical skills with solid cost accounting background.
- Ability to monitor budget vs. actual and implement monitoring through appropriate cross functional teams.
- Deliver timely accurate financial information, challenge & advice to plant management team for decision making.
- Proactive involvement in compliance and audit.
- Strength with collaboration tools like google suite ( sheets, doc, etc) ; Demonstrated SAP, Business Warehouse knowledge a must, dashboarding tools like Qlik Sense is a plus.
- Able to maintain strict confidence in financial sensitive information, and demonstrate a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment and interact effectively with other groups and departments, clients and partners, in an international context.
- Ability to multitask and function in a matrix organization is a must.
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual performance.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Fluency in French.
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- 16, or more, weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
- Location: Carnaxide, Lisbon
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.
You are having trouble applying?
If you are experiencing difficulties in completing or sending your application, help is available.