Solvay to showcase coating solutions that make a difference at ECS 2023
90471 Nürnberg, Germany
Highlighting innovations focused on durability and sustainability, with new Rhodoline® and Reactsurf® technologies taking center stage
Solvay, a leading global paint and coating solutions provider, will exhibit at the European Coatings Show 2023 from March 28 to 30 in Nuremberg, Germany. The company will highlight how its advanced surfactants, emulsifiers, specialty monomers, and other functional solutions can enhance the performance, aesthetics and lifetime of paints and coatings, while contributing to resource efficiency, improved air quality and healthier living.
In Hall 1 at Booth 1-420, the company will present the latest innovation in its growing family of Rhodoline® functional additives: Rhodoline® WA-2830E, an Ecolabel, APE-free, low-VOC and low-SVOC, multifunctional performance additive for both interior and exterior waterborne coatings. Rhodoline® WA-2830E provides superior water, scrub and block resistance. In addition, the new additive offers improved color acceptance and can reduce TiO2 without affecting opacity. With this unique combination of properties, Rhodoline® WA-2830E can also minimize formulation costs.
We’re excited to help our customers continue the shift to waterborne formulations and discuss solutions to their unmet needs through innovations such as our new wetting and dispersing agent and reactive surfactant technologies, which further enhance our broad solutions portfolio aligned with today’s demanding performance and sustainability requirements.
Solvay solutions in the spotlight at ECS 2023 include:
- Reactsurf® 2490 – a new APE-free polymerizable surfactant designed as a primary emulsifier for acrylic, vinyl-acrylic and styrene-acrylic latex systems, delivering superior dirt pick-up resistance in exterior coatings and water whitening resistance in pressure sensitive adhesives.
- Sipomer® PAM 600 – a multifunctional monomer, providing excellent anti-corrosion properties and adhesion on metals, glass and other inorganic substrates, as well as improved stain resistance and opacity in architectural coatings.
- Blanc Fixe – a multifunctional extender based on barium sulfate chemistry that enhances anti-corrosion properties while improving hiding power and tint strength in both architectural and industrial coatings.
- Rhodasurf®, Abex® and Aerosol® – APE-free, low-VOC and low-odor additives for waterborne coatings as well as biodegradable and partially biobased solutions, serving various functional needs in emulsion polymerization and in the formulation of paints and coatings.
- A wide range of oxygenated solvents, including Augeo® SL 191, an eco-alternative to petrochemical solvents, made from glycerin, a renewable source, for use in paints, varnishes and printing inks, where it offers low odor and excellent solubility.
- Addibond™– polymeric additives enhancing the adhesion properties of conversion coatings formulations while meeting strict regulatory standards.
Complementing Solvay’s exhibit, three technical sessions will provide more detailed insight into the company’s latest innovations:
- On March 28 at 10:30 hours in Hall 5, Stand no. 5-243, Coatings R&I Expert Véronique Divry will speak on “Rhodoline® WA 2830E: High-performance additive to improve scrub, water and block resistance in waterborne paints”.
- On March 28 at 14:10 hours in Hall 5, Stand no. 5-243, Research Engineer Andrés Felipe Sierra Salazar will discuss “Reactsurf® 2490: Polymerizable surfactant for high-performance adhesives and architectural coatings”.
- On March 29 at 14:10 hours in Hall 3A, Stand no. 3A-607, Research Assistant Diulia Caroline Quites Rodrigues will explain “Sipomer® PAM 600: Functional monomer to enhance the performance of waterborne architectural and industrial coatings”.
In addition, Dr. Lichang Zhou from the Research & Innovation team of Solvay’s Novecare Coatings Group will give a presentation on “Improving water resistance of waterborne formulations using polymerizable surfactants” on March 28 at 12:00 hours during ECS Conference Session 13 in Room Seoul.