Alve-One®: Sustainable Foaming Solutions
Alve-One® is the new hazardous-free and eco-friendly chemical foaming agent developed by Solvay for the thermoplastic industry that meets newest and strictest market and regulatory requirements. Alve-One® is a mineral-based product, formulated with 100% safe raw materials, it will support your efforts to meet the SDGs without compromising on performance nor on competitiveness. Alve-One® is free of any hazardous SVHC substances and has been accredited as a substitute to Azodicarbonamide (ADCA).
The use of Azodicarbonamide (ADCA) is at risk of being restricted in Europe as it has been classified by Reach as a Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC). Moreover, ADCA decomposition residues present in the plastic foams are partially responsible for foam's bad smell and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) emissions that nobody wants to breathe.
Alve-One® is the safest and most efficient alternative to ADCA and expandable microspheres currently available on the market. It's the result of collaborative development with the industry and academia leading to a family of blowing agents ready to foam a wide range of thermoplastics, adapting easily to different formulations and process conditions.
Time is Now to #SwitchItUp
Solvay has eco-designed a wide range of Alve-One® formulations, in collaboration with the industry and leading research centers and Universities, to match the requirements of the different applications as an efficient substitute to ADCA. Discover more about our main applications.
- Odorless foams
- No VOCs
- Improve passenger comfort
- Sustainability profile improvement
- No smelly foams
- Faster foam production
Building & Construction
- Cost efficiency
- No VOCs
- Food contact approved
- Fine cellular structure
Alve-One® Explained in A Video
- An ADCA & Expandable Microspheres substitute
- Free of SVHC
- Contributing strongly to VOC reduction
- Generating odorless foams
- Reducing by 10x CO2 emissions
- Cost effective
- No harmful decomposition residues will be present in the foam
- The Globally Harmonized System (GHS) classified Alve-One® as a non-hazardous product
- Aligned with the circular economy objectives of the European Green deal
- Can be used to foam a multiple variety of thermoplastic resins (PVC, Polyolefins, Elastomers, others)
- The adoption of Alve-One® facilitates the recycling and end-of-life product process
- Efficient foaming solutions with a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) comparable to other foaming products
- Alve-One® meets the needs of the supply chain, is readily available worldwide
- Requires no special working conditions, storage nor packaging
- Continuous support of a highly qualified technical and commercial team with a worldwide reach to ensure the right formulation for your business
Alve-One® Awards Winner and Recognitions
For its eco-friendly qualities along with foaming performances, Alve-One® has been awarded with the Solar Impulse Efficient Solutions Label, as well as the Pierre Potier Prize and the Silver Award by Inovyn. Alve-One® has also been recognized by ChemSec as an evaluated alternative to ADCA.