Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- As Junior Function Controller for Solvay in the Corporate Controlling Department, you report to the Senior Function Controller.
- You will work in close partnership with the Senior Controller and the other controllers of the team to support the controlling activities of Corporate Functions, especially the controlling of the Service Lines of our Global Shared Services
We count on you for:
- Your responsibilities will include ensuring finance management cycle together with data consistency, analysis and support to the team for all the finance areas. In parallel, you will be responsible for some transversal tasks for the Function Controlling team.
- For the Functions you will support, you will assume the following responsibilities and complete the associated tasks:
- Strong business partnering with the operational teams. Provide financial insights to support decisions within the organisation (financial studies, project business cases, cost optimisation…).
- Support the management cycle for your functions: perform the closing and reporting, coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Contribute to different Group projects impacting CBS perimeter.
You can count on us for:
- A dynamic environment in a multi-disciplinary team and a variety of exciting and impactful challenging projects
You will bring:
- Business School (major in finance)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a financial position
- Strong basis in controlling and accounting
- Collaboration, achievement drive and proactivity
- Analytical mindset
- Customer orientation
- Rigorous, reliable and autonomous
- Excellent knowledge of Excel & Google Suite tools
- English is a must have, french is a nice to have
You will get:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 16, or more, weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
If you’d like to find out more about what happens next with your application or get some tips on how to complete it.